- In conjunction with Bridge committee, develop social media strategy
- Enact social media strategy
- Report to Bridge committee monthly regarding social media activity undertaken.
Skills, experience and attributes
- Has knowledge of the workings of Bridge and of asylum seeker issues in general or is willing to acquire this immediately
- Comfortable working in an online environment and experienced in use of all forms of social media
- Well-developed writing and social media skills
- Able to work independently
- Access to own computer, and internet service. Will need PDF reader and document tools (could be Google docs), along with access to Gmail accounts and DropBox (both are freeware) and the social media platforms relevant to Bridge’s social media strategy
- Willingness to attend Bridge committee meetings.
Supervision and support
- Experienced Bridge committee members available for induction and direction
- Participation in an organisation with over 16 years’ experience of successfully providing asylum seekers in need with financial support
- Position holder’s home
- Monthly meetings currently held at Balmain Uniting Church, Balmain
- On average, eight hours a week for most of the year
- In addition to traditional role holders e.g. secretary, treasurer, the Bridge committee comprises approvers of financial transactions and general members
- Committee members have no face to face contact with people seeking asylum, apart from any that occurs in a private capacity.